Capital Energy brings Rosa María Sanz and Francisco Clemente onto its Board of Directors
- The Company culminates the structure of its highest governing body, within the framework of its commitment to corporate governance best practices, with its sights set on a key year for its business plan roll out, which covers investing €10 billion up to 2025 to put 13,000 MW of renewable energy into operation.
- Rosa María Sanz joins Capital Energy’s Board, which consists of seven members, as Proprietary Director, and Francisco Clemente, Capital Energy’s Corporate Director General, as Executive Director.
Madrid, 18th December 2020. Capital Energy, a Spanish energy enterprise incorporated in 2002 with the vocation of becoming the first vertically-integrated 100% renewable energy firm on the Iberian Peninsula, has brought two new members onto its Board of Directors: Rosa María Sanz and Francisco Clemente.
Capital Energy culminates, in this way, the structure of its highest governing body, within the framework of corporate governance best practices, to tackle a key year for its business plan roll out, which covers investing €10 billion up to 2025 to put 13,000 MW of renewable energy into operation.
Rosa María Sanz joins Capital Energy as Proprietary Director, replacing Paula Martínez, who was also a Proprietary Director. She has extensive experience in the Spanish energy sector, having held various executive posts at Naturgy during the last 20 years. Previously she worked for Red Eléctrica de España (REE) and OMEL. She has also been the President at Sedigas and is currently an Independent Director at Iberpapel. She is a senior engineer with a degree from Madrid Polytechnic University (UPM), has a Masters in Cybersecurity from the OBS Business School and has done the Senior Executive Programme at ESADE, the Global CEO Programme at IESE and the High-Performance Boards at IMD Global Board Centre.
Francisco Clemente, Capital Energy’s Corporate General Director since last June, holds the post of Executive Director and replaces the company Spring Breeze. He has a track record of more than 30 years’ experience in the infrastructure sector as head of finance, administration and control. He started in Grupo Ferrovial's Finance Department and, between 2002 and 2020, was the Economic- Financial director of Cintra Infraestructuras de Transporte where he led its flotation on the stock market and which was included in the Ibex 35 for five years. He holds a degree in Economics from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) and a Master in Business Administration from the IE Business School.
After these changes, Capital Energy’s Board of Directors has seven members, three of whom are women, which means it exceeds the recommendation in the CNMV Good Governance Code for 2022 (43% vs. 40%):
- Independent Director: Juan Lasala, Non-Executive Chairperson of the company, Covadonga Soto and Laura Muríes.
- Executive Directors: Jesús Martín (Executive Vice-Chairperson), Juan José Sánchez (CEO of Business) and Francisco Clemente (Corporate Director General).
- Proprietary Director: Rosa María Sanz.